Thursday, May 01, 2008



The new month of May starts with an Ekadasi
Giridhari is wearing his starry cloak
And Gandharvika a ruffled skirt
Mahaprabhu a chodder of blue
What's the papa purusa to do?
He's watching us with the eye of a peacock.
Just making sure we correctly observe the fast
Over in the corner of the prasadam hall
No rice, chapattis, or spinach.
Giridhari's yellow dhoti has the same stars as his cloak
Gandharvika's veil is the same cloth as Mahaprabhu's kirta
but what about his brown and creamy necklace and bright orange pair of pants?
Gandharvika seems to like her yellow yellow choker the one with the gold dolphin in the center
It's different jewelry but it's still an Ekadasi day today
Even there are so many sumanas flowers left from yesterday's maker somehow the leis are of flowers from Guru-Gauranga Gandharvika-Giridhari's own land. Madhura Hrdaya roses for Mahaprabhu, malika with a few labatira for Giridhari and Gandharvika is offering a daisy lei spiked with a few more labatira
I pedaled over the first highway to see the stars rise today. Of course I offered all respect to the rath-bhojana-vrksa in the beginning for Maharaja made it crystal clear we should do that.
Cruisers far from school and a stray tandem pulled me along the way today. Coming to the corner of walk and don't walk there came a demonstration for worker's rights here on the May day. The beasts cheered and I waved as the procession wound it's way over another bridge. Pushing the pedals as hard as I could I rounded the turn just in time to see the stars on the rise. Breathlessly I watched with some laughter and hope a little water and soap that once upon a time maybe together we can make this troubled planet shine.
Then it was on to the kutir of Bhakta Blade. Stealamani was in deep meditation and silently taking the name so I could only offer a lei and be off. The mountain men are catching the big air today and I salute them as I pass on my way to the sea. Laughing huffing and puffing as the asphalt jungle disappears beneath my wheels. The gecko shouts a hearty greeting as he pulls beside me and we turn at the house that taught choc-o-lot to talk-a-lot. The harbor is on the right while we sprint between the lakes. He turns around and I continue to the navapatra for the manasa kela. Then it's back to once again respect the tree and be present for the sandhya.
This evening the night dress is 'I saw Vraja kissing Santa Claus' the night is cool but not to chilly and their night pastimes have begun with the shutting of the light.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home