Monday, April 21, 2008



I say, “I want crowns”
The tailor says “voted down”
“I want shawls”
“Gali gal”
“I want it Monday”
“You can’t have it your way”
“I only let through my door the devotees who come from Mayapur”
So I say “well the only ones I want to see are ones from kolergang
Sumanas leis in that familiar toe tickling tradition
With only a small influence of Vyahu today the ratha-bhojana-vrksa has my respect and I head on to the main road where a pair of cruisers one grey and one pink is ahead. Nearly pinned by the beasts I just get around them and fly through the parking lots to the bridge over the first motorway. The beasts continue to pin me down all the way to the whalers but I manage a turn out and sprint back to the pedaler’s ramp to the street of an old profession. Then the toad road he comes out between reps to wave and say ‘hey!’ The opal cliff has sufferers walking sideways pretending that they’re enjoying. Then there is the point of the hook where a father has his child on a clip on so they pedal together. Around to the backside of the radio station to the windmill and of course toffee nose dances a waltz when he sees any thing he deems a fragment. Between the lakes some more sufferers have a bon fire going to ward off the cold. The redone road to the natasala where Scott is speaking tonight and the people are gathering. The gecko comes out and we decide not to risk the triangle today just take a more direct route to the harbor. Then past the honky-tonks and bars to the wharf road where the soccer pitch is on the left and we sprint to the main road. The gecko has to get back to close up shop so we say our good byes. Back to the long and winding I fold my palms to the ratha-bhojana-vrksa and try to repeat yesterday’s sprint for the sandhya. Picking flowers I place them before the altar and see the safe signal from the ‘umpire’
The names of the holy places are many but individual so also the night dresses have a different name for each night of the week call this one baby blue and they’ll dance during arati.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home