Wednesday, April 23, 2008



As the Gaura Katha began this morning Bhakta Blade and I shared a joke about who could get the most contrast points today. Our laughter drifted out from behind the curtain and soon we heard “Did I say something wrong?” The boy genius asked “No, Stealamani and I are off in our own little world right now” It won't make the seva asrama news but in my mind the words “Shut up kid” echoed. That caused me to laugh even more but I was able to keep quiet as I buried my face in Giridhari's left arm.
“Gandharvika is too much beautiful today!” The leis maker said upon delivery of the sumanas leis. “Aren't we fortunate?” I asked.
“I tried to make them a little longer today. The past couple of times I've made them I think they were a little short” The leis maker continued.
With rain threatening I pedaled as quickly as I could to make it to the ratha-bhojana-vrksa and offer respect. I rounded the southern section on my way past the florist and the sounds of the team huddling on the field. Once again the beasts chased me up to the post office but slipping around the corner and making another hard left I escape along with a fellow pedaler. Bonded together we make it through the triangle on the way to the gecko's. The natalasla is quiet 'till the weekend now after four shows this week. The gecko joins in as we circle around to the crusier king's place. Outside there are a few children in karate uniforms bowing and laughing with each other. The gecko and my previous partner have to take leave there and wish me well through on my return through the triangle. At the corner of the whalers another stronger pedaler overtakes me and I try to keep up. We blaze down the pedaler's ramp and up the hill to the light. He thanks me for joining him as we take the right down to the tennis park. Back to the old profession road where even my new found pedaling companion must go his own way. I take the long and winding to the ratha-bhojana-vrksa to respect Gurudeva's wish that we do that. The vaikalika service is coming and I stealthily make it in and begin. Pedaling again on the main road I get the navapatra. They are pushing locally grown strawberries today. I bring some back to offer in the morning. After respecting the tree one more time a deer comes forward and he says “pardon me” “I've not heard of a young buck such as yourself talking before.” He said “we've got to chew some of that fat. I could only listen for a few minutes before one of the asphalt beasts passed close by that made him say “So long son, I've got to run” 'Me too' I thought and sprinted off to the sandhya.
Lotus nails, offered as a night dress on Nrsimhacaturdasi. Just warm enough for this clear night a wonderful night for a dance under the stars.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home