Thursday, April 17, 2008



Have you seen Guru-Gauranga Gandharvika-Giridhari in their black and green? Complete with black and clear crystals hanging down from Giridhari’s coat and with the silvery pleats in Gandharvika’s sari and swirls in the chodder of Giridhari? While they stand on the simhasana leis of sumanas flowers that bend with their dancing movements and add a colorful splash, a regular festival for the eyes. Playing his flute his signals his devotees it’s time for their heart’s devotion to flow.
On this sunny afternoon I respect the ratha-bhojana-vrksa by heading down the main road to see the stars from the morning captured just beyond the kurkur bhavan. As I pass with Saint Dagwood’s park on my right I see mamamani waving to me and asking after cacacid. He’s resting quietly I tell her and observe a leaping bandha on my left. After stargazing for some time I head over the railroad bridge en route to the Bhakta Blade kutir. From there to the navapatra and back just in time to see some mountain men scaling a hill in full wheelie mode. More of them are looping the loop below and I salute as I pass by. The gecko meets me at the natasala where they’re opening for the evening show as we fly past the dog wash and through the harbor. Between the lakes are the freezing sufferers due to Vyahu’s renewed presence also some little cat feet have snuck in. The soccer pitch has a game going and the gecko stops to watch but it’s nearing time for the sandhya so I sprint back folding my palms at the rath-bhojana-vrksa and going on to the asrama. One of the kukuras of the asrama trails me to the house and says he ran away for some time but was also brought back for the sunset service
This evening as Guru-Gauranga Gandharvika-Giridhari slipped into their “It’s a miracle mom!” nightdress it was Stealamani assisting me. He just couldn’t get Gandharvika’s hair to stay in place. Once, twice, thrice and so I had to arrange it for him ha! There he is the toffee nose I thought he might leave me alone this evening but he came up in typical fashion “that’s a fragment I won’t let you get away with it either!!!!! Now you just correct it right now!!!!!” Before the hair stealamani couldn’t quite figure out Gandharvika’s veil. He said his “mad skills” are at work tonight. Inspite of all of this hilarity Guru-Gauranga Gandharvika-Giridhari enjoy their pastimes.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home