Saturday, April 12, 2008



April 11 2008
Friday morning at seven o’clock as the dressing begins “my you are punctual today” the leis maker of the day notices
“I may be but Saint Patrick’s Easter comes fashionably late”
Purple and yellow is the color scheme with bits of red and green and leis of hyacinth, mum, and roses in the center scene
The katha goes on as murka brings the backdrop in
Explaining how the next holiday will be celebrated on the Monday
Mahaprabhu likes it that way
A warm afternoon brings out the pedalers all round. Yesterday was for mourning but today is for celebrating the season of spring. Teams and single racers are waving and giving an encouraging salute. The ratha-bhojana-vrksa receives my bowed head and sends me on my way. The southern part of the asrama road to the main road. Again the beasts push me to the whalers and beyond. The house that taught choc-o-lot to talk-a-lot signals a left on to the harbor where the boats are playing away. The tennis park is on my right today. The toad road comes along and he begins to pedal along with the gecko and I. We pass the basketball park to the soccer pitch. Right there to the opal cliff. The point of the hook and then the sunny cove where lots of people have gathered to soak up the sun and laugh at the toffee nose and his green flag “this is a fragment I tell you a fragment if you try to stop here I’ll have to write you up!!!” The gecko takes off at the redone road to get back for closing time. The toad and I sprint together to his fitness club. He also leaves there and I continue to sprint to the wharf road. About twenty-five students are outside the library walking to the mall in lockstep as one. I wondered if they knew that I am an eternal school boy. The main road turns into the asrama road and the ratha-bhojana-vrksa who reminds me that the sandhya is around the bend and I’d best be going fast as possible.
The night is clear and a little cooler but not enough to keep Guru-Gauranga Gandharvika-Giridhari from going deep into the far off jungle and engaging in their pastimes there.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home