Friday, April 04, 2008



Bhakta Blade, that's the treacherous alarm!
How will the mangala arati come off on time?
“I'll have to use my murkapujari showering certificate today!”
Snana apas tu drupada apo histhagha marsanam
Om apavitrah pavitro va
Sarvavastham gato pi va
Yah smaret pundarikaksam
Sa bhayabhyantara suchi
Sri visnu sri visnu sri visnu
In that way the treacherous day began
“Everything's under control!” “Oooh double everything's under control!!” Bhakta Blade said from behind the curtain.
Only after that did the smooth dancing actor appear.
No jewelry inspired him today. “What treachery is this?” Bhakta Blade asked again. Soon things calmed a bit and the dressing continued. Seeing them as now with leis of roses and hyacinths as one coming for darsana expressed “is breath taking” Yellow and light purple with a thousand mirrors of gold flash before our eyes. Engagement in their service calls us up and out of this material universe.
To the post office to the post office I go to pick Mahamuni's mail. Usual respects to the ratha-bhojana-vrksa giving a chance for the toffee nose to bring out his green crayon and underline that last sentence. “It's a fragment I tell you it's a fragment and if you don't change it I'll hold your breath until your face turns green. Now with his blessings I went on to the lion's park. A mountain man looks and asks if I have titanium. But alas I don't. Up the snob hill and through the village the traffic is a solid line of cars. A student looks at me as I pass him. He's pedaling a fixed gear creation so popular with that section. He smirks as I go by feeling himself far superior in his choice. By the east cliff there are the usual sufferers, joggers and pickpockets and I dart in and out of them. Coming to the sunny cove I take the left and swing between the lakes. The redone road takes me to the natasala that remains dark until tomorrow. The gecko is ready to clock out and join me around the shopper's corner and past the cruiser king's. Picking up some speed down the pedaler's ramp we go over the bridge and pass by the bear. Taking that right to the fruit market and then back to the big road. That goes to the bridge over the reconstructed highway that tees into the main road. The long and winding is next. The ratha-bhojana-vrksa silently views my respect in memory of SGM's instruction. The sandhya awaits and I slide in under the tag.
Tonight Guru-Gauranga Gandharvika-Giridhari wear Deep within the far off jungle. Without Bhakta Blade, it's a quiet night and they get ready quickly for their evening pastimes.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home