Wednesday, August 26, 2009



On Janmastami about two weeks from today
People came for darsana, went out of their way
Now Radhastami is near they’re coming like they’ve done before
Come celebrate these days if you can it will turn a frown upside down
We’ll be so happy to have come around
Please come celebrate with me
That day some tricks were played
everyone was so amazed, their eyes just refused to believe
so now it’s time I’ve changed my mind there’s nothing up my sleeve
celebrate these days if you can it will turn a frown upside down
we’ll be so happy to have you come around
please come celebrate with me
Leis are wildly insane
After today Mahaprabhu may never be the same
All dahlias in his leis it’s sure to increase his fame
Gandharvika has roses and fun flowers I’m happy to report
it looks very artistic even though it’s short
Giridhari’s is the most usual and comes to his ankle bells
Roses, petals along with so many others make it fun to tell
Along the main street over the first highway past the whalers where an electronic “pedaler” goes up to a ha ha from Gecko and i. left at the house that taught choc-o-lot to talk-a-lot and winding along the street to the corner copier. Single gear freaks are everywhere in this part of town. Jumping with the monque at a program for Sita Thakurani. When Mahamuni quoted the verse “tell our prabhu who danced as madmen do that all the world has become mad like him and rice once high in price no longer has value. Tell him a madman brings this to his ear.” Then he said that there is a class of pujaris that worship the Deity for some time and then say now you can go home” taking his words to be true Gecko and I got up to pedal along the beach hill over looking the mountain men and on to respect the sufferer thakura before seeing the not quite a recumbent going down main street on the way to the vaikalika. AT the natasala Gecko takes leave and I hammer to the whaler’s and beyond. The ratha-bhojana-vrksa smiles on my folded palms as I challenge the kalarupa “last one to the sandhya is a mayavadi!” a tree has fallen about a mile away. Some of the locals have brought chain saws, hatchets and implements of destruction to remove it. A phalanx of quail and bunnies are the reception committee today.
As I come to put them in their nightdress, “riding on a horse of a different color, Vamsi dasa babaji enters Markatamani Puri talking like a pirate.
“What color do you call that?” an abasa krda player asks me “Seamstress tells me it’s hot pink and emerald” I answered. “Not red?” the player asks, “well I would call it that but the seamstress is an artist and insists I’m color blind” and with that they take their rest happily.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home