Monday, August 31, 2009



Last Sunday this August
I think it was the third Ekadasi this month
Devotees fasting avoiding rice and dahl
a man selling sago singing Hari vasaragiti
last Sunday this August
super excellent leis roses and pink lilies fragrant combination
puspa mala uttama
beautifully blue Sue ‘Nila vasana
Gecko and I are off to the main street. Over the first highway and past the clank of the aluminum bat The whalers are detailing their salutes as Gecko and I pass on through the treacherous triangle to Gecko’s shop where it’s time for my tune up Around the reviewing stand where the king is sitting in back on the pedaler’s ramp to the asrama to start an the lemond Gecko and I go back to the space of Cyrus after a light conversation the village calls out and Gecko and I go but the sidewalks are being rolled up Along the beach where the sufferers are left alone since the heat is gone for now Some of the boats are in at the harbor along the natasala there are now people standing outside waiting for the show a dog goes by on it’s way to the kennel downtown Gecko takes leave and I go along to the big street where an armadillo is keep watch I circle around the trader where I hear the call of the ratha-bhojana-vrksa Kalarupa and I push and pull each other back for the sandhya the shank calls the faithful to their knees to hear Bhakta Blade softly speak the incantation
Then in the ninth the Thakuras are dressing in their nightdress of the same name the cool of the evening invites them to their beds decorated with aromatic flowers. They’ll lie down for a moment, long enough for me to wipe the floor and shut the door before engaging in their pastimes of the evening.
.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home