Friday, July 03, 2009





Please come back my friends
to a love that never ends
beyond ordinary trends
it's the one that Gurudeva sends
there standing at stage right is Mahaprabhu in mango
center stage is Giridhari in his traditional yellow
Gandharvika is in blue it reminds her of Sri Krsna, topmost cowherd fellow
a blue that's a choice her very own
day's lei maker brings orchids from the team
no it's not a dream not a dream
“with these flowers making leis is such a hoot
I'll even make one for his flute!”
By the time Gecko and I got to the highway of information
the pavement was nearly full why even el siddha muni had climbed out from under his camouflage
Mahamuni had taken his place at the head of the table
other friends were mourning a mrgendra among kukuras at the exit for the creek Gecko and I take off for the hill above the village. The descent gave rise to laughter around the cinema up to the snob hill. The main street leads on to the whalers who as usual cheer the roadies. At the treacherous triangle Gecko takes leave and I continue to Saint Dagwood's park. Circling the park I hammer to the harbor where the boats are out on the breezy bay. Between the lakes are the geese honking and flapping their wings. The windmill is still vacant. Soccer pitch is on the right as I sprint to the wharf road. under the first highway back to the main street taking the right to the long and winding where the ratha-bhojana-vrksa waits silently for me. Folding my palms the kalarupa comes along beside me. Chattering all the way to the asrama kalarupa and I break into a odd melody for prema dhama and the sandhya grins a grin as the roadies break in and the arati is begun as soon as I'm able.
The lotus nails, this night's dress, from Nrsimhacaturdasi has the thread that is green one way but take what I say in a different way and it's easy to see that it's really orange. Dancing and dancing they take their rest to arise for more evening pastimes when the lights go out.
You can have darsana of all the stars on Giridhari's cape. Some right on the cape and others on the front pleat of his dhoti. With the splash of colors everywhere this dress is like a rainbow. given as a donation 'cause service to the thakuras never goes in vain, and the servants of the thakuras never really die. Leis of fun flowers given surreptitiously by one at the campa hatti flow with the dancing movements of their bodies
Gecko and I again meet Mahamuni on the spacey highway. He's haggling about rolling over minutes and I posting pictures of yesterday's leis. The friends who have gathered there might think it a little strange. So Gecko and I take off and cross over the first highway to the hospital curve. Left there and look at that tandem! They've got enough gear to pedal all the way to a stick in the mud from here. Some one asks if I've ever pedaled a recumbent telling how wonderful it is. I once inquired from such a pedaler and the reply came that it made him slow. Around by the point where the sufferers go huddled like puppies waiting for just the right wave. Joggers are in the pedaling lane so Gecko and I have to artfully dodge them. At the soccer pitch Gecko takes leave and I go under the first highway to the long and winding where I fold my palms to the ratha-bhojana-vrksa and walking there is a sloka slinger in training. I salute with “Gaura katha!” thinking that some one will offer him a ride up but I know he won't accept. The sandhya is pulling me along to slide in under the tag.
As a lion on the chase never looses sight of the prey so the devotees never give up their persuit of perfection. Tonight the dress is called just that, “a lion on the chase”. They take their rest after their night pastimes have been completed with grace and happiness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home