Friday, January 16, 2009



Had you been there at the seva asrama
At vyasa puja time
You could have seen the seamstress made a new outfit
Of deep forest green
Accented with black and polished silver pleats
For Guru Maharaja's vyasa puja time
Snapdragons and a few roses are scattered in the leis today making them light and forest flowery made more beautiful by the dress made
For Guru Mahaja's vyasa puja time
Oh the ratha-bhojana-vrlsa is enjoying this season of false spring as we bow our heads. The main road comes up slowly today. The lion's park is full of people also taking this pretend spring day to be the real thing. Not so many peddlers are out today though. A couple of teams getting ready for the tour along fixed gear heads. Pointing to the hook the gecko and I sprint between the lakes and on to the harbor where we increase to a hammer to the shop and I take my leave once again. Around the corner to the triangle and the peddler's ramp and the bear the wharf road to long and winding and the ratha-bhojana-vrksa I fold my palms there and the kalarupa chases me to the sandhya.
It's a miracle, Mom , that I can't see that this outfit is all different shades of green. Somehow I see them as purple but the seamstress would call me color blind I'm sure. Anyway the nights are still warmer than they usually are and Guru-Gauranga Gandharvika-Giridhari are ready to sneak out for dancing in the moonlight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home