Monday, October 13, 2008



You've heard about the cowherd girls of Vraja
That their worship is the very best
Monday so they dress up in red silk
Later they cover it with peacock feathers
Real opulence beyond compare
Leis of petal roses light, fragrant and elegantly fine.
The construction is almost finished I see after folding my palms to the ratha-bhojana-vrksa so I go harder to meet the gecko over the bridge over the first highway. We chatter a bit as we circle the reviewing stand through to Ms Gault and the harbor. Between the lakes a couple of casual pedalers are ahead but we put on a sprint to drop them. Around the soccer pitch we go to the bear and on to the redone road. The gecko takes his leave and I turn to sprint straight to the sandhya. The long and winding welcomes me with a single deer who salutes as I go by. Bowing to the ratha-bhojana-vrksa the kalarupa takes me along and I gasp a little but keep up and the sandhya smiles as I come in well ahead of the tag.
The moon is just about full and Guru-Gauranga Gandharvika-Giridhari put on their baby blue nightdress and dance all night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home