Saturday, October 11, 2008



Some several devotees rolled up for darsana of Guru-Gauranga Gandharvika-Giridhari today
Seeing the outfit I heard them say
That's the color of the foam on butter
With rust and avocado flowers embroidered on the kirtas and coli
The veil and chodders are beautifully sheer gently lifted in the breeze with the rhythm of their dancing.
Leis of roses so sweet their fragrance knocked the devotees off their feet manjaris in Giridhari's such a touch.
With respect to the ratha-bhojana-vrksa I meet the gecko on the bridge over the first highway and we sprinted around a corner and over Saint Dagwood's creek. We pass the tennis park and turn on to the redone road. Some one is washing the pavement in front of the natasala while we speed by the shop and on to the reviewing stand. Coming up to the triangle the gecko checks a clock and notices that he's late to take leave. I pass the house that taught-choc-o-lot to talk-a-lot to the harbor. Once again the wind has the boats in. Between the lakes people are trying to keep warm. The wharf road once again brings me to the ratha-bhojana-vrksa where I fold my palms. The kalarupa has to pull me to the sandhya but still I blow the horn just in the nick of time.
Guru-Gauranga Gandharvika-Giridhari wear their yellow and gold silk night outfit hiranya kasipu. The nights are getting chilly so they go directly to their soft bed decorated with aromatic flowers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home