Friday, October 10, 2008



Panjika says it’s Ekadasi today
I could have eaten the parama anna but I’m following gurudeva
Arranging my life to be his humble slave
Blue stars on his dhoti and cape childhood super heroes can’t even come close
Giridhari is the source of the power of all of those
Gurudeva teaching me to be the slave of his humble slave
Presenting ourselves to be seen by them sitting on their teakwood throne
Awaiting the day when they’ll call us back home
Once we’ve been posted as the slave of their humble slave.
“I thought the leis were longer when I made them” the maker told me. “Well it’s not how long you make them, it’s how you make them long.”
The gecko meets me right at the door and we speed to the ratha-bhojana-vrksa where I bow my head. We pick up more speed to the southland and through the village to the opal cliff. Between the lakes the sufferers are huddled together to take shelter from the wind. The natalsala is still dark. The gecko has to take leave at the shop and I go on to Saint Dagwood’s park and to the place where the hari nama party usually is. They aren’t there again this week so I sprint on to the corner and the reviewing stand. Through the harbor the boats are in their places. Next is the wharf road and the soccer pitch. On the long and winding I bow to the ratha-bhojana-vrksa and the kalarupa pulls me back for the sandhya.
The moon is getting full and the wind is blowing so Guru-Gauranga Gandharvika-Giridhari stay inside for their nighttime enjoyment even though their night dress is called deep within the far off jungle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home