Thursday, June 12, 2008



So you've found your self on a riksaw by the bank of the Ganga where temples of Guru and Gauranga are all around. From over your shoulder you hear the voice of an angle turning around standing before you see a figure that's glowing a saffron mercy particle. Follow this angle into the nath mandir where Guru-Gauranga Gandharvika-Giridhari dressed in yellow and green with rose petal leis round their necks appear as doors are opened for darsana. Bowing before the Lord your material desires seem gone.
Even before I got to the rath-bhojana-vrksa to offer respect I came upon a tree limb covering the road. There was one beast going in the direction I was and one coming from the opposite. The one in my direction had stopped not sure what to make of it. I got off and carried my set of pedals over the branch and went on. The question came to mind what they thought of that but I'll never know. As I continued I saw a group of deer. Two were young they were in the road and two older ones they were on the path beside. The young ones were curious about the boy approaching on the small horse with round legs. Then from behind a beast caught their attention and it was off to the side that the older ones were on. Then all four crossed the road again and vanished into the lot of what SGM called “the deer house”. On to the southland and then passing Mahamuni's post box I go up the snob hill. The wharf is on the left several pedalers are out some on beach cruisers others on old ten speeds. A few have boards for suffering others have their dogs in tow. In the downtown section Johnny Law is pedaling by and stops to have a friendly chat with some of the local businessmen. The stars are rising early and I stop to watch. Next around to the famous place of the U.S. where the roads are golden one familiar building is being torn down. It gives me a spooky feeling so I go by quickly. I come to the gecko's shop. He's gone by now and so I have to go it alone. I head to the harbor and make the left there. The tennis park is empty except for a mother with two children. Even the toad has gone home for the day so I continue with no competition. Only the wharf road to the long and winding and when I come to bow to the ratha-bhojana-vrksa the watches are out and I know I have to sprint to make the sandhya in time.
On this night before it was time to cross the river but with no boatman the devotees could only rely on what Krsna had told them. By saying “Krsna is a brahmacari” the water would part. They went along and met Durvasa Muni. The fed him a large feast. At the conclusion they wondered how they would be able to re-cross the river. Durvasa told them to say “Durvasa Muni didn't eat anything.” They did and once again the water parted and they got back just in time for the pujari to put them to bed.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home