Wednesday, June 11, 2008



“Thakura seva is your way out of here” said Gurudeva to the murka
“When the confusion level rises too high here this seva will give relief”
“The young folks may drink some wine while Vijaya digs the earth”
In front of the prasadam hall Ketu growled Guru-Gauranga Gandharvika-Giridhari in their Aruna har posse were riding again and the wind had begun to howl. Sumanas leis came late still they did their part to complete the outfit and make the devotees dance in love.
It was late in the evening when I met the gecko today. The heat of the past days had left me gasping as I respected the rath-bhojana-vrksa. We started on the main road to the curve over Saint Dagwood’s river. The tennis park was on the left as we coasted between the lakes and saw at least fifty sailboats on the bay from the distance their sails merged into one. Along the opal cliff some tandems passed by on the opposite side. People were walking and jogging too. There were some fifteen members of a pedaling club in odd helmets that drifted along as we passed. Next we turned on to the jaded road there were some folks selling strawberries near the basketball park. The toad is too busy teaching a class today to join in. Breaking into a sprint we round the corner to the redone road. There is an orchestra playing at the natasala. The gecko takes leave and starts closing his shop. I go through the triangle while the beasts snarl. I go up to the great blue whale he waves a fin. I return to the ramps where only two mountain men are looping the loop and defying the ground. The leaping monque calls “go for it” and I push harder. The sandhya is waiting for me and claps aloud for me as I shut the door.
O deer dough have you seen Krsna? Stealamani renews an acquaintance with this one of his old friends. The evening is cool so they only contemplate going dancing under the waxing moon tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home