Friday, June 27, 2008



I was born in the middle of the night
While my brother stood guard at the door outside
Dayal nitai name nitya prema maya
Made with cloth from a chief lieutenant
Spread out and left for sale
Suvarna suraja kanti aruna vasana
Leis of various flowers
Picked from the downtown hood
Tilaka tulasi mala candana bhusana
A turban put on Maharabhu by Bhakta Blade
Just close enough color to make the grade
Dekhi sakalera haya prabhu udipana
Respect to thee or ratha-bhojana-vrksa but I can’t stay and watch your branches growing. At the curve I go over Saint Dagwood’s river. The toad road is on the left and he joins me at the corner. We sprint all the way to the soccer pitch he wins by a wheel. Right left right and we’re on the opal cliff. The sufferers are coming and going some are walking sideways. The windmill has it’s live music happening again today. A team of young boys is pedaling by on their way to the sufferer thakur. It looks like they’ve got a lei to offer and a bucket of loose flowers. The gecko is waiting at the natasala where a blues review is playing. The three of us take the corner sharply and sprint to the school. The gecko is ahead by a length and the toad and I are even. At the pedaler’s ramp we are all even but we slow to a cruise and take the hill easily. The toad takes his leave and makes the right at the go light. The gecko and I speed to the bear. We take a left at the wharf road and I take leave at the long and winding. The gecko goes on while I bow my head to the ratha-bhojana-vrksa. Then it’s all I have left to get to the sandhya.
The difference in the temperature is amazing just last week I couldn’t hardly stand to dress Guru-Gauranga Gandharvika-Giridhari. One hundred degrees or more today deep within the far off jungle the cool night air almost requires a chodder. Still They go on enjoying like anything.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home