Monday, May 05, 2008



On the shore of the broad blue ocean Sri Gadadhara Pandita would read Bhagavatam to Mahaprabhu easing his separation from his own self. Today is his birthday and Guru-Gauranga Gandharvika-Giridhari celebrate like this
You know they wear this every month on the amyavasya. Yellow with black trim Giridhari’s wispy chodder lifts with his dancing and the ‘Madhuvrata buzz around Gandharvika’s veil and in the pleats of her skirt. Mahaprabhu has a black sash with silvery flowers in the center. From Venice beach to pleasure point tell the devotees we’re kirtaning in every town and village.
Folded leaves and whole roses make the leis which follow their bodies and gain a glow just to glorify their dancing;
The overcast day still finds me out pedaling. Dressed a little warmer still I offer respect to the ratha-bhojana-vrksa and take off. At the house that taught choc-o-lot to talk-a-lot I make the left and depart the company of the educated man on his unobtainium frame. Through the harbor and between the lakes where the chill in the air has chased the sufferers away leaving only the old toffee nose with his nose stuck high in the air as he pulls his green pen from deep within his protected pocket and quickly slashes it all over this sentence. The windmill is on the left and the sunny cove on the right. The east cliff leads me to the toad road where I join up with the gecko and we head on to the natasala. Nothing is playing today so we go to the left one more time and the gecko has to take leave to close his shop. Looking up I see that I’m going to be late so I sprint to the pedaler’s ramp. Over the bridge and Saint Dagwood’s creek I make a right at the bear’s house. Left toward the navapatra and soccer pitch. The wharf road takes me to the long and winding where I offer more respect to the ratha-bhojana-vrksa and give it all I can to slide in under the sandhya tag.
With the air being kept warm by the over cast Guru-Gauranga Gandharvika-Giridhari get into their “They call East bengal the radhadeas, call this baby blue” nightdress and happily enjoy their pastimes.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home