Friday, August 07, 2009



Let’s all go and see
Sri Guru-Gauranga Gandharvika-Giridhari
At the kirtan we watched all the devotees joyously dancing
with the ghee wicks bright glare,
handkerchief tossed in the air
gave all a chance to see what the Deities wear
leis of roses and agapanthus flowers too
swaying in the direction the Deities do
what do say? Is that tomorrow?
Or just the end of time?
The highway is jammed as Gecko and I get on. A few new friends are there. Talking with each one for a time the exit for the point of the hook takes the roadies through the village and then between the lakes to the harbor. The natasala is ready for the show and at the shop Gecko takes leave. There are a fleet of cruisers at the reviewing stand. The treacherous triangle is packed so I have to slither through to the ramp carefully dodging the beasts and the storm drains. The pitch is on the right as I sprint to the wharf road. Under the first highway to the ratha-bhojana-vrksa who likes to see me bow my head there the kalarupa paces me to the sandhya who is besides himself that I have once again returned on time.
They dance late into the night. It’s a miracle mom! Some how I am able to get them into their beds decorated with aromatic flowers just suitable for their pastimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home