Tuesday, July 21, 2009





Mukuts and effulgence set the tone
Isn’t that a lot of wild?
Blue and gold boarders sent back home
Sunflowers bursting untamed
Giridhari’s mukut so many pieces beauty unknown
Combine showing the original flower child
Leis of roses, dahlias, petals, agapanthus others mysterious
Gecko and I take to the highway once again to tell stories of dressing and leis. Their shoes were polished by a” nurse that even gave the champ a run for the circlet of seva at the exit on the creek the lion’s park is on the right over the snob hill and into the village the tourists look at the roadies and shake their heads a single team member training away waves from the opposite side saluting, Gecko and I sprint along between the lakes where the people are picnicking among the geese and sufferers around the harbor where the boats are out on the bay the natasala sees the line forming for the show Gecko takes leave there and I return via the pedaler’s ramp the bear is happy as I shout out passing him the wharf road takes me under the first highway and on to the main street going right on to the long and winding the ratha-bhojana-vrksa sees my folded palms and has the kalarupa pace me back to the sandhya where a gaggle of girls runs to get away shrieking in fun and smiling when I pull up at the barn
In the month of Kartik on the ninth day of the waning moon Guru Maharaja appeared and this nightdress was offered for that celebration. This evening they wanted to stay up to dance late into the starry night.
When time came for a new outfit
Going to the tailor we told him “we’re on a low budget”
He asked, “what did you say?”
‘we want the outfit made of cream and red with red and white trim
crowns of red and gold this particular size
but we’re on a low budget”
“I thought you said that
so I’ll see what I can do
but I just can’t make a promise to you
‘cause you’re on a low budget
that’s what you’ve said”
When it came time to pick it up
“This isn’t what I asked for”
the seamstress said with a huff
“That’s what happens on a low budget
I know you said that”
“When you offer leis of petals and sumanas flowers
It shows a low budget”
“That’s being said over and over again.”
Gecko and I went to the village and ducked onto the entrance ramp to the highway of information. Firing off some communication. Back to the snob hill through to the point of the hook on to the lakes the harbor and then the natasala. Gecko takes leave there and I cross through the treacherous triangle carefully. the redone road sees me take the left to the tennis park. Right at the toad road sprinting along to the pitch on my right The wharf road takes me back to main street and the long and winding. There are a couple of teammates going in the opposite direction a few miles apart but they both wave as they pass by. One in blue and white and the other in multi colors Sandhya welcomes me with his arms held high. I go through the ceremony next to alone.
Bengal East is the nightdress this evening under the dipper and other constellations. Most likely they will dance all night long

1 Comments:

Blogger madhavi said...

nice information on Indian religious statues,
thanks for sharing
regards
Mukut

4:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home