Sunday, May 24, 2009





It started about nine years ago on Guru Maharaja’s vyasa puja
In the last year of the nineteen hundreds
I left my calendar in the closet thinking that it was better to leave it there than to carry it around with me everywhere.
That night I took rest and didn’t really wake up the next morning ‘till I got a call from the seamstress. She said “I found a calendar in the closet in your handwriting” I told her “That’s right I left my calendar there”
She wanted to come and ask me a question. I thought there were a couple of possibilities one was, and I didn’t really expect it, that was that she could have told me this was the greatest most organized thing she’d ever seen. That wasn’t very likely and I didn’t expect it and the other one was that she could have got on my case for leaving things in the closet ever again. But when she came down she immediately slapped the cuffs on me. She told me that I should never be so bold as to name another outfit. “But seamstress” I don’t know how I can know what they’re going to wear the next day without a calendar” She answered “shut up kid
Leis of various hues Giridhari’s wrapping around the tribanga to his ankle
Gecko and I sprint even to the ratha-bhojana-vrksa and on to the main street over the first highway down past the campa hatti, field of the aluminum bat, the whalers and the treacherous triangle. Around the corner to the reviewing stand The redone road goes past the harbor where the boats are out. Several recumbent peddlers are out for the sunshine. There’s one with a flag over the back wheel another has the meep meep on his handlebar. There are signs around the windmill but it still looks closed. A fleet of single speed freaks is going the opposite direction of Gecko and I. Salutes are exchanged. The wharf road leads on to the main street once again. The long and winding comes and brings leave Gecko goes on to his shop and I to the ratha-bhojana-vrksa and fold my palms. Hammering to the sandhya where the ceremony is about to begin.
Deep within the far off jungle is tonight’s dress. White with olive and red stripes with flowers on the belts it’s a chilly evening and they enjoy their pastimes of the night inside.
Presenting ourselves for the Lord’s service with fresh tilak, and clean dhotis and saris.
The curtain opens and for darsana seeing quiet happily with divinely inspired eyes.
All devotees smile as they view the flowers that pop from the dark blue background,
Sri Guru-Gauranga Gandharvika-Giridhari
Gurudeva’s boat appears on the shore just to take us away
Climb in the boat tied by his merciful rope and we’ll be gone
Sri Guru-Gauranga Gandharvika-Giridhari
Follow along to the afternoon darsana to see hyacinth leis hang round their necks of purple and rose
The shank blows and the kirtan begins slowly for
Sri Guru-Gauranga Gandharvika-Giridhari.
Gecko and I head to the ratha-bhojana-vrksa and there is a deed raccoon by the side of the road. passing that on the way to the southland we traverse the superhighway till the exit puts Gecko and I down. Form there it’s off to the beach to watch the sufferers. Cruiser types are everywhere some dressed in full winter gear while others are down to fighting weight. The natasala has a show called fuel.
Hiranya kasipu is the nightdress and they’re in the mood to dance the night away

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home