Wednesday, May 20, 2009



With a lion in the house
and the moon hidden by an eclipse
people had went to bathe and chant hari nama
it was the Gaura Purnima
for today’s ratna i took the simply way around
time was approaching for the madyakalana offering
leis were arriving one by one. Wild roses, lilies with donations of hyacinthas
forming the artistic chain;
Gecko and I come together under the ratha-bhojana-vrksa and bow our heads in respect as Gurudeva told us to. The highway of space beckons so I follow. All along there are people to talk to and adventures to be had. Exiting at Mahamuni’s post box laughing into the village. Pointing to the hook where a passel of recumbent peddlers are congregating. Gecko and I weave in and out between the lakes on to the harbor. The natasala has people lining up for the second show. At the shop Gecko takes his leave and I swing by the reviewing stand where the cruiser king himself watches. The triangle calls me through and I take the free opportunity to hammer all the way to the tennis park. Right on the toad road the basketball park is on the left ahead is the soccer pitch. Left on to wharf road back to the long and winding. Ratha-bhojana-vrksa greets me and I raise my arms and cry out “Gaura premanandi” as I pick up speed to the asrama to slide under the tag of the sandhya. Everyone is in as the shank blows and the ceremony begins.
Bhakta Blade is out celebrating his 17th while the devotee rides a horse of a different color into Marakata Mani Puri talking like a pirate. Belts offered for Gaura Purnima gain some “sporting choice” points tonight and as the mangala arati curtain opens seeing them even the seamstress smilesSri Guru-Gauranga Gandharvika-Giridhari are now beginning their night pastimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home