Friday, May 22, 2009



In the temple room during Tulasi circumambulation
Swamis conferred to place everything just right
Light so bright it took black shades
where the shadows hid from parvat
at seven o’clock devotees cue for darsana
thakuras appear in mint, purple and silver
leis so artistic, delicate and creative
from flowers picked from the asrama land
Gecko and I spin around the southland on to the snob hill descending into the village laughing as we pass beneath the train on to see the sea. The cruisers are hanging out at the corner. As usual Gecko leads me past with ease. Between the lakes I’m showing the way past the geese all the way to the redone road. The natasala is showing a band of local heroes. At the shop I take my leave and pass the harbor where the boats have come in due to the chill in the air. Passing the windmill on the way to the soccer pitch. On the wharf road a couple of joggers offers to fill my water bottle but I decline. The long and winding brings me past the ratha-bhojana-vrksa while I fold my palms and turn it on to avoid the tag of the sandhya.
Bhakta Blade quickly helps Sri Guru-Gauranga Gandharvika-Giridhari into their “a lion on the chase” nightdress Gandharvika’s earrings fox him though but he has the last laugh and sneaks past the drowsy rats on the way back up the porch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home