Saturday, November 29, 2008



I laughed so hard when Mrs. asked me this outfit’s name
“well it’s got two and here’s a story of how they came
With the flowers all over the chodders, veil and putka it became I’m a sumanas child. Then when the blue backdrop from cloth called “New York” was added it became New York a go-go and everything tastes nice.
“I don’t know why I put this rose here it throws off the symmetry.” “I don’t think I can make it show. Well if I pulled Giridhari’s hair way over behind his ear that’s where it is”
As I offered Gandharvika’s leis I heard the maker gasp “Is that upside down?” I asked. “I didn’t say anything I just gasped a bit” the maker said. “I would never have figured that one out”
The traffic is still light. After respect to the ratha-bhojana-vrksa I meet the gecko and we sprint along the main road. We wanted to take the left at the hospital curve but the light favored going up to the whaler’s. On to the post office and then the corner where we took the right and passed through the triangle. At the tennis park we knew we’d go right at the toad road and past the basketball park. We kept the soccer pitch on the right and took the left for the wharf road. The long and winding led up to the ratha-bhojana-vrksa where I bowed my head. The kalarupa and I hammered all the way to the sandhya. One of the munis was arrive just before we got there and had a quizzical look “I didn’t see you on the road. How did you get here so fast?” but neither of us said anything.
Guru-Gauranga Gandharvika=Giridhari wear their Hiranaykasipu outfit on Saturday night and then go out for dancing under the stars.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home