Monday, September 01, 2008



“Whose asrama is the best asrama?”
So sing the children of the Seva asrama
“Saraswat Math is the best asrama!”
So sing the children of the Seva asrama
“Do Guru-Gauranga Gandharvika-Giridhari have a dress that is yellow and red?”
So sing the children of the Seva asrama.
“The seamstress will see to that!”
So sing the children of the Seva asrama
“Leis of marigolds, roses and petals that are beautiful because of being placed on the Deities' bodies.”
Respect to the ratha-bhojana-vrksa and off to the main road. The gecko meets me at the whalers and we circle the post office. One of the folks is pedaling to the asrama and we salute. Then we sprint to the kingdom on the board walk. We cross over the railroad bridge to Saint Dagwood's park. From there to the shop where the gecko takes his leave. Then I go to the harbor and between the lakes. The sufferers once again are gathering wood for their bon fires. I go past the honkey-tonks and bars to the soccer pitch. There is a practice going on but I can't tell who is who. The wharf road leads me to fold my palms to the ratha-bhojana-vrksa. The kalarupa paces me in time to the sandhya.
Tonight Guru-Gauranga Gandharvika-Giridhari are ready to pull us across the viraja and watch us say good bye to those left behind while they wear the nightdress called baby blue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home