Friday, September 05, 2008



Dandavat Mahaprabhu let us join in your sankirtana
Let us dance while ten thousand gandharvas sing your glories!
“Annnn” replied Mahaprabhu, “I have only one wing like you!
If I had two surely I would fly in the sky “
Hearing all this fun Gandharvika, the queen of the angels, smiled.
“Look! Gandharvika is smiling” one devotee said. “You've caught me dancing, for I'm as happy as a child”
Lies of roses and marigolds broke and fell to the ground during the dancing as this story is told. "I was picking in front of my house but couldn't see 'cause I put my head lamp in the wash. So then I went to another place. Soon I saw the lights go on and that frightened me away. I ran so fast my feet feel like they're asleep!" So sang today's lei maker this morning.
Pedaling past the construction zone with no delay I offer respect to the ratha-bhojana-vrksa and find out the gecko in the southland. He takes the lead as usual to the lion's park and on to the florist where we descend to the opal cliff. Along the point of the hook the pink and zebra striped cruisers are in force but we manage to slip between them and sprint on between the lakes. A team is doing it's training and for a short time we're able to keep pace with the line. We break formation at the harbor and visit the leaping monque. We continue on to the top of the steep hill just before the university. The fixed gear crowd dominates here. That makes us feel as some kind of outcasts sneaking in where we don't belong. So we sprint along the thoroughfare to the path to the railroad bridge. The fog has crept in on it's tiny soft feet quietly enough that no one hears but the temperature drops and the sky gets dark. The gecko takes his leave at his shop. I continue past the dog wash and the pace line comes around me again. I keep up for some time until they veer off over Saint Dagwood's creek and disappear. I keep up the rate but have to make it to the asrama on time. The ratha-bhojana-vrksa gets my folded palms and the kalarupa is there to help me pursue the sandhya. I shake hands and blow the shank calling the faithful in for the ceremony that's about to begin.
The cool of the evening invites Guru-Gauranga Gandharvika-Giridhari deep within the far off jungle for their evening pastimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home