Sunday, August 03, 2008



The devotees are sitting and chanting in the natha mandir
While I’m leaning up against the altar wall
I’m hearing “you’d better wait for the English teacher”
The devotees are looking at me thinking “Hey! You must be deaf! It’s Gaura Purnima and we’ve all been waiting until moonrise to have Mahaprabhu’s appearance day arati”
But I’m hearing “you’d better wait for the English teacher”
We’ve come to see Guru-Gauranga Gandharvika-Giridhari’s new clothes But the president said that on the phone the English teacher said to hold off till he gets there
I keep hearing “you’d better wait for the English teacher”
Dashing to the ratha-bhojana-vrksa I catch up to the gecko after my respect to the tree. Past the lion’s park and up the snob hill we pedal to the pace of the beasts. They go at a leisurely pace since it’s Sunday and they’ve got no particular place to go. We even sprint by a couple of them. The sufferers on the opal cliff are dressing for the occasion. A few joggers are talking and breathing hard. One man is there with a baby on the handlebar and two more in the back. We look over the bay and see the village and the wharf. The sun is going down but the sufferers still haven’t heard the news they are out in force among the white caps. On to the corner where the gecko has to take leave. I go on to the cruiser king and take the right near the natasala where the people have returned and are waiting for the show. By the harbor where a crowd of people are standing and counting the sails on the Monterey Bay all come to look for the times of the future past. The wharf road takes me to the long and winding home of the ratha-bhojana-vrksa where I fold my palms. The motorcycle sloka slinger meets me and asks if I go the land where the Cummins are made if can bring him an autographed tee shirt.
It looked extremely difficult for our fragile society in those days. Our leader had left and we needed guidance. So in the ninth Guru Maharaja appeared to save us all from the timingilla fish of impersonalism and voidism and tonight’s dress was offered on that day.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home