Tuesday, August 12, 2008



August 11
I opened the curtain of the altar and the light of a white globe it stamped my eyes
When my vision returned a gaggle of girls burst out of vrndavan dust and pada padma floated up for darsana and floated a question in drops of caranamrta “When was this outfit offered?” Just before I could say “on Gaura Purnima day” a breeze blew them away and I had to realign my mind to ask was that a residual from a youth gone misspent or just a pakora induced dream? When I saw some lingering words sashe, swirl in the air come down at their lotus feet. I gazed through the aroma of Tulasi and saffron to read what they said “Do Guru-Gauranga Gandharvika-Giridhari have an outfit that's yellow, mango and red?' taking them in a pancapatra I showed the seamstress and thus this dress was born.
Leis of marigolds and bubble gum flowers get the grace of the lord and thus become beautiful
Darting from the asrama to the ratha-bhojana-vrksa to bow my head. Along crossing the bridge over the first highway the gecko is waiting. We start lightly today and take the curve over Saint Dagwood's river at a quick but not too fast jaunt. By the tennis park we are in full sprint mode. The redone road leads on to the trader's. Circling his center we see some several pedestrians strolling through cross walks. We have to slow a bit to accommodate them but we keep as fast a pace as they will allow. Stealamani is serving up dosas to the leaping monque this evening. He doesn't know his actions were observed though. The main road sees the gecko take leave to tend to his shop and I put my head down and sprint all the way to the ratha-bhojana-vrksa and fold my palms just long enough to meet the sandhya and blow my horn.
This evening Guru-Gauranga Gandharvika-Giridhari just seem like they want to stay awake to enjoy the cool of the evening. They slip into their baby blue dress in a leisurely manner and come to lie down on their beds of aromatic flowers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home