Thursday, May 15, 2008




Folks are enticed to go for the instant pleasure that comes from
Being the captain of their high school team
Or maybe a politician engaged in public speaking no matter what the weather or
Even a knighthood from the Queen
And at that ceremony she dress up all in gold in the chains of the days of old.
This one has all the colors of the rainbow to bring out the beauty of the rose petal leis that cast their fragrance throughout the temple. Topped with peacock mukuts no matter how many times they’ve seen it the sevaites had their breath taken away.
From the door of the asrama the heat required a journey down to the sea again, where the sea meets the sky. Respects to the ratha-bhojana-vrksa begins my search for cooler air. I cross the main road and venture into the southland once again. Taking a right back to the main road I keep Mahamuni’s post box on my right. I take the next right to the snob hill and past the wharf. The opal cliffs are chock full of sufferers also heading for the sea. The sunny cove sees me chasing a pace line to the redone road. The natasala is preparing for a weekend film festival. The gecko waves a smile and asks me to meet him on my return. To downtown and beyond to see the stars from the morning sky good ol’ toffee nose sits beside me as I name the constellations. “Just need to keep you from trying to sneak another one of your fragments past me! HA!” After that experience I set my sights on Bhakta Blade’s kutir where Stealamani is taking the name in ecstasy. Along the street that is the center of a suit from the family of a dead pedaler. The park of the mountain man is almost empty today. The brave few are “catching the big air” through and laughing, exclaiming and carrying on. Around two lady pedalers who seem more interested in their conversation than the road their pedaling. The gecko and I take the turn to the cruiser king’s. We go through the triangle with ease today and on to the harbor to count the sails on the bay. Between the lakes the gecko has to take his leave so I pedal on through the pelican’s point to the wharf road. The navapatra is on my left the whole way and I get to the main road where I make a left and pass the bus stop on my way to the long and winding. The ratha-bhojana-vrksa seems to bow as I do when I pass. The sandhya awaits.
The purple and green leads the lion on the chase tonight. Searching the land for a place to dance and enjoy their evening pastimes.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home