Tuesday, March 11, 2008



“I’ll have to give you an award for contrast today” Bhakta Blade says to me as he takes darsana. “This jewelry especially for Gandharvika has so many fantastic colors but her sari is the color she chooses for herself.” Rose leis along with hyacinth flowers give the whole temple a fragrance that steals minds from mundane attractions. A valence borrowed from another for the backdrop today to add just that extra pinch of camphor to the contrast.
On this sunny afternoon the ratha-bhojana-vrksa calls all peddlers it can to offer respects. On to the main road to the lion’s park around the snob hill a pair of peddlers going in the opposite direction have their lights on their helmets. “Odd” I think “the light has returned now what need is there for a candle on their heads when the sun is staying longer?” The opal cliff and the point of the hook take me past the skull and cross bones. The natalasa is dark until the end of the week. The gecko is closing but quickens his pace to follow me to Bhakta Blades kutir. There is only one mountain man in the park and no skateboarders. On the way back the monque with his big belly is jumping over the melancholy and chasing us back to the triangle where as usual the gecko and I part ways he to the wheel and I to the ratha-bhojana-vrksa to bow my head once again and witness the sandhya.
Riding on a horse of a different color we enter Marakata Mani Puri talking like pirates, hmmm maybe it’s the skull and cross bones I saw today. None the less Guru-Gauranga Gandharvka-Giridhari go on enjoying like anything.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home