Wednesday, March 05, 2008




Cooking the evening offering pakora batter smeared on my tattered tee shirt.
Oh but I still remember days in another society when the pleat in my clothes would cut my hand open wide
But oh, puckawalla friend don't you start away uneasy, just see Giridhari's brocade rich brown waistcoat and orange dhoti with sumanas flower leis, won't that bridge the difference between you and our gang?
Off to Mahamuni's post box today with the blessings of the ratha-bhojana-vrksa. Then there is a group of friends laughing and joking at a pic-a-nic table in the Lion's park as I round the turn to climb the snob's hill. Then it's on the opal cliff where the sufferers are changing out of their wetsuits into their “real life” outfits. Going along the hook to the point once again the sunny cove beckons but alas the kala rupa isn't on my side today and I sprint on to the redone road and the theater where a tribute band is playing a well known song from days gone by. The gecko is busy adjusting brakes and so I have to go the triangle alone, it takes some trickery but I'm successful and head on down the pedaler's ramp to the bear's road and onto the main one. The long and winding road takes me to the tree who grants me permission to enter into the asrama mandala and prepare for the vaikalika service.
“O deer dough, have you seen Krsna?” Even without Bhakta Blade and his mad skills here still the Deities wanted to take rest as early as they did last night tonight goes to show that “krsna is in control of all the living souls” as the kids used to sing. Guru-Gauranga Gandharvika-Giridhari have a clear night to go out into and dance the time away.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home