Friday, December 14, 2007



Janmastami day was near
When Krsna's bhakta's gather near
Offerings of dipa and dhupa
Skirt wide like a hula-hoop
Leis of narcissus, roses and stock as I offered them I swear I heard
“Notice there's no mums, in the leis today, mums the word!”
Must be what the maker wanted to say
While the chipmunks laughed to see such play
Skirt wide like a hula-hoop
Midway to the main road from the asrama is the ratha-bhojana vrksa, pausing to offer namaskara then crossing the main road and circling the research park. While I spoke with the pet's pal one of the friendly yuppie drivers extended his friendly truck into the pedaling lane. Not only once but thrice. So with a few words on the side I go right on to the wharf road. All the way to the soccer pitch and keeping the pitch on the right swinging around the opal cliff to the point of the hook. Powering the turn with a big shift and a sprint to the twins up the hill to the two friends and the redone road. the theater leads me to the gecko. The season's shoppers are still around the corner. The cruiser king is watching as we pass in review. I've pedaled my way into the paceline of a team in training and I don't believe they know that I'm Greg's cousin Ben. Then I break formation and go through the harbor to the windmill. In the mirror there's an ebike I've sailed past and if I laughed a bit too fast, well that's how it's going to be. The sufferers are still staying home even the murti has a coat. Continuing up the main road the vaikalika offering calls me home. As I pass the famous ratha bhojana vrksa I utter a 'vanca kalpa…' then on to asrama.
Deep within the far off jungle the lion sleeps tonight. But it's too chilly to stay out there long enough to get even one dance in but they return to the altar and there they enjoy dancing and other pastimes very well.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home