Saturday, December 15, 2007



It was already written that today I wanted to come with a different name for this one.
Bhakta Blade wanted one to be called sukala sakti so that was the name in the beginning.
But today when the leis maker asked the name of this dress I couldn’t say with conviction. So the maker replied that could be the name that is ‘not really’. Then the sloka slinger in training seeing Mahaprabhu sighed, he’s pretty in pink could that be the name? The leis maker said to me “that’s probably past your media time” but I heard ‘that’s pasture media time’. Which led me to understand that this is the name of the dress. Prabhupada’s poem that said “When will I frolic in the pasture grounds with you again?” That was the line that Guru Maharaja said gave the hint that of the sakya rasa of Prabhupada. He also explained the refrain of the poem as being Prabhupada telling Krsna that if He would help Prabhupada in his service then Srimati Radharani would be pleased with Krsna. As that ran through my mind then another line came which was the confirmation that was ‘today memory of you came in a very nice way’. So the name is ‘Pasture media time’
Speaking of the leis, roses, narcissus, and what the maker calls ‘hare krsna’ flowers. “They’re shorter than I thought, I must not be using the right measurement” and then tested the string against the ‘yard stick’.
Dandavat to the ratha bhojana vrksa and then on to the quote from the gecko,
“You’ve been pedaling all this year the titanium chain helps complete your rounds. You’re unstoppable.” The gecko said.
Around the corner the school sends me on my way to the ever dangerous ‘west side triangle’. Successfully coming through that I take the right at the house that taught choc-o-lot to talk-a-lot with the harbor in sight up and then down the rise to the windmill. At the cove I think I heard someone say ‘come on you baker, you barber, you candlestick maker, sprint on to the sundown service’ Whether I heard it from someone or it was just the echo of my mind, I took that to heart and powered my way over the wharf road to the long and winding to hear ‘now that it’s all over and done the seasons have passed you by’ from the ratha bhojana vrksa and pulling into the drive just in time for the service.
This evening they wanted to stay just a little bit longer. If the pujari doesn’t mind and the devotees don’t mind if Gandharvika-Giridhari along with Sri Gurudeva and Mahaprabhu go on an adventure of the dancing kind and stay out just a little more time.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home