Wednesday, November 07, 2007





What’s that you’re saying there on Maui dvipa? Giridhari should play a ukulele? Yeah, a Hawaiian touch today with garlands of Ti leaves. The maker told me that in the past such garlands were offered to kings and queens that shouted out “Who dealt this mess anyway” when after all in truth it was you and i.
It all starts at the asrama door and winds it’s way to the main drag where it leads to the parking lot of an unmanifest nite owl flying in from heaven. Overcast skies cause the gecko to lead the no rain no rain no rain chant to spur me on in continuance of a comeback. The asrama welcomes me back for the sandhya service but they let me step to the side with coat in place.
Learn the dedicating principal, a name for this night dress, they call east Bengal the Radhadesa, name it baby blue. The folks stay up along with the Deities as they chant, dance and lose material conception.
Tell them what I choose is sari and long sleeved choli of deep royal blue, mango and yellow complete the rhyme. Till today silver crowns have topped this dress but today a wild idea of the more Ganga yamuna took the stage. The jewelry otherwise is also a “break away”. One coming out of retirement does two garlands by a regular maker and Gandharvika.
The race was on today. Starting later today a long way behind but racing the sun I caught up. It was under the lights for the last half today. As I rounded the bend at Bhakta Blade’s bhajan kutir I could have sworn I saw that the circus had paid him a visit. In the night air I became confused and had darsan of the sufferer murti. A chodder was around his shoulders in the cool of the evening. I turned and headed over the railroad bridge. The skater’s park was empty that was an eerie feeling. Around by the gecko’s place he smiled as I sprinted by. Boats in the harbor had lights on too. No bon fires this evening but there were a couple of stacks of driftwood. East cliff led me to the main drag keeping the mall on the left and the veterinarian on the right I rattle by the chain store that just wouldn’t go home but I made the turn and headed back up the long and winding road just in time to catch the end of the sandhya.
Bhakta Blade is blazing this evening. “You’re on far,” I said to him. His watch is an hour ahead and it tricked him into starting so early that the Deities started their evening pastimes with time to spare.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home