Tuesday, October 30, 2007



MONDAY, OCTOBER 29
The devotees went to the Vrndavana murti shop to get the outfit made they decided they would make it in their favorite colors a little teal, cream and red. The tailor spoke just enough English to say one line to them and that was this “ You don’t always want what you get” It came to the Janmastami midnight the curtain was about to open the swami was there to lead the kirtan I knew the devotees would like the outfit, I could tell by the way it was put on. The thought that went through my mind became this dress’ name, “you don’t always want what you get, yes you know it you can’t have it your way” I went into the kitchen to get the Deities garlands in spite of the doors being labeled “freezer” that’s where the maker put them. You don’t always want what you get. And in the words of the savior of Galilee many are cold but few are frozen. These were of the few.
Today I pedaled back in time. Back to three rainy days in an August so many decades ago and by the time I got to that famous farm there were half a million strong. They all were sharing their message to love under a gypsy sun that revealed a rainbow Soon my imagination was taking over, I’d pedaled for some time, I began to see teenagers pedaling as if it were 1969. Tee shirts and jeans, no lycra here, locks flowing in the breeze created by their furious pace, also no helmet laws. The leader looked like someone I knew once upon a time. Then the spell I was under broke as I opened up my eyes it was time for the sandhya and I got back to the asrama just in time.
The rain seems to have gone and the stars are out the Deities are wearing baby blue this evening and dancing the night away in anticipaton.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home