Friday, November 18, 2005

Today's dress features a skirt that the seamstress wanted to be sure is full enough. So she put some hoops in it. It was offered on Janmastami. Because of that the chipmonks were singing in my mind, 'Janmastami time is here time of joy and time of cheer...' so i called the outfit the chipmonks.
i once heard a story i don’t know from where
but it was with five people riding bicycles to go
to visit their spiritual master. As i recall he was
a Buddhist.
When they arrived, got off their bikes
and went to greet him each spoke in turn.
The first said that
“I ride my bicycle to remind me of the balance we all
must keep to remain detached from the world while living within it”
The master replied “In this way you will attain to peace,
the supreme nirvana”
The second said
“I ride my bicycle to get me here more quickly to have
darshan of your holiness”
The master answered “So your exit from this world will
also be swift”
The third said
“I ride my bicycle so I can more easily
carry what I need for performing service for you Gurudeva”
The teacher said “In this way you will be able to become
all accommodating.”
The fourth said
“I ride my bicycle to make all distances smaller”
The Guru blessed him saying
“Similarly you will be able to dissolve your ego”
The fifth said
“I ride my bicycle because I like to ride my bicycle”
Hearing this the spiritual master leapt up out of his chair
and came to sit at the feet of this student and said
“I am your disciple!”
This evening the night dress was offered as a day outfit first. Then the seamstress decided to give it a make over and turn it into night clothes. It was offered on Gaura Purnima. Someone offered Mahaprabhu a wig that looked like Flip Wilson. That could have been the name or one of his bits came to mind also, that is, 'Here comes the judge' but if who brought the wig heard one of those names and asked for an explanation then i would have to tell her lies. So this dress is called 'tell me lies'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home