Monday, May 24, 2010


Watching the moon in the night sky
sure enough the eleventh day is on the way
it’s celebration leads to the highest destination
the land of dedication where all can sing and dance within
I picked up my japa beads and counted
Chanting the sweet sixteen
Offering dandavats in the natha mandir
I asked the pujari “prabhu is the arati on time?”
And the Thakuras were dressed in every color in the rainbow
Letting us know it was the second Ekadasi day
As we had kirtan an Ekadasi bhajan steeped in kath ‘till days’ end
This one was made for Guru Mahaharaja’s vyasa puja day
Seamstress tried to get every color in
When she asked it be put on again in ten days or so
I knew she would take the outfit’s name wrong
So said to myself I’d best choose a different one
“the queen in days of old”
when leis came of big and fluffy roses
pujari put them so neatly on the thakuras
Murkha and I went of to the southland
Cause many friends and pedalers found their place in the sun
where everyone entered the spacey highway talked there
in three quarter time
pedalers in spring time gear
sure to bring a smile all year
put on some heart shaped antenna
just remember the Thakuras in every color in the rainbow
and at night you'll see the Thakuras in "the touch that kills" and feel material desire flying as birds from a tree upon hearing a loud noise

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home