Monday, May 17, 2010




I once wanted to see the thakuras
But it’s correct to say they wanted to see me
I said, “I’m here for your service, please engage me”
They need a pujari to offer arati gave me such joy I began to laugh
Then hit the shower to take a bath
And when I returned there was a blue flower pushed over his ear
Looking like a smooth dancing actor
Hyacinth & roses twist their waysround the three bends of his form
tress and Pete Cotton tail are waving good-bye as Murkha and I spin to the main street. A loop through the southland past the post office and the lion’s park where a pedaler is pacing a walker the dvitiya campa hatti has a new sign and left over the snob hill a bridge that goes over the bay before the first sufferer is sighted with a spooky doorman along the beach waves a big due to the wind fixed gear freaks far out of their zone are snootily pedaling along as if their presence is lifting the level of pedalers of all types. At the go light near the tennis park there is Mr. Bass pedaling along turning left in to the tennis park. Murkha and I go left also but to the harbor. The natasala is the next landmark. People are lining up for a show of the race across the sky. I take my leave at the shop and Murkha rounds the corner past the cruiser king to the house that taught choc-o-lot to talk-a-lot. Sprinting to the bridge over the first highway. There is a pair on a tandem laughing all the way with their tandem loaded with a tent, cooking pots and clothes. A quick loop around the southland to the long and winding where the ratha-bhojana-vrksa calls out and Murkha folds his palms. Joining with the kalarupa and continuing the sprint to the sandhya
peacock blue and read are the colors of their nightdress. This one is a remix of a former out fit that was retired because of extreme wear in the dhotis. This present incarnation is holding up fine and they dance the night through.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home