Tuesday, March 31, 2009



It was time for an outfit so we had one made by tailor thought it might be fun
When we saw what he'd done it wasn't how what it seemed
Took it back to the tailor asked, “What does this mean?”
“it's the amount of money you spent! Understand what I say”
Unless you spend more money, you can't have it your way!”
So they wear it today with rose petal leis
The devotees here made the crowns by the bay
“It's the amount of money you spent! Understand what I say, unless you spend more money 'you can't have it your way'”!
As the gecko and I pass the ratha-bhojana-vrksa we see that some one has left a pair of shoes as an offering. (ha ha) then onto the southland and around to the post box of Mahamuni. From there it's the lion's park and the campa hatti. Left past the soccer pitch to point to the hook between the lakes there are some geese once again up to the redone road by the harbor where only some of the boats are out since it's Monday next week the natasala is having shows each day we go around the corner to the reviewing stand through the triangle where we take leave and I sprint on to the frontage road. A tandem is ahead of me for a while but the mad sprinter in me comes out an I overtake them just as the soccer pitch is appearing again they giggle as I pass but I keep my focus since the time for arati draweth nigh. Past a peddler's shop and the navapatra right there and on to the wharf road. under the highway to the main street that leads me to the long and winding. A few peddlers are on the other side some in pedaling gear others in “civil cloth” I fold my palms to the ratha-bhojana-vrksa and the kalarupa chases me to the sandhya who is pleased as punch to see me arrive in time.
The baby blue cause there is a name for the tirthas in the world this outfit has a name too, they call East Bengal the Radhadesa, this one's baby blue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home