Tuesday, May 27, 2008




Step up for darsana of Guru-Gauranga Gandharvika-Giridhari
Come and see their clothes! You've got to see their clothes!
There's Mahaprabhu in his traditional mango hue
Necklaces yellow, cream and blue
Standing in the middle is that ever youthful fellow
Giridhari in his favorite color, yellow.
On the left hand side Gandharvika resides and though it's not the shade Gurdeva would choose it's one she takes for her own, her vey own.
Leis of roses both full and petals some face the kirtan their beauty enhanced by the bodies of the Lord making everyone smile.
The vaikalika happened and then the ratha-bhojana-vrksa called me out. Respect to you oh great big tree and I take the main road to the left. It's as if I'm going to Mahamuni's postbox but I don't stop I climb the snob hill and remember the verses the trip distance suggests. Tad viddhi pranipatena pariprasnena sevaya… just try to learn the truth… At the wharf the gecko is meets me and we spin along the opal cliff. Then the sunny cove comes into view and we increase our speed to make the go light. A sprint breaks out to the harbor where we pull up. A pink beach cruiser is going in the opposite direction and gives us a thumb up. The natasala is dark 'till the weekend. At the shop I make an arrangement to tune up my pedals next week. “You pedal the stuffing out of this thing,” the wrench says to me. He knows me by name by now. “I am pretty bad,” I answer. “NO, it's great, I'm just amazed” the wrench replies. The date is set and the gecko and I return to our pedaling through the triangle where the cruiser king joins in. The dog wash is full to day and we hear the barks and blow dryers. We over take a family out for an afternoon of pedaling along the beach near the sufferer thakura he's got a fresh lei from the flowers around the homeless park, and speed along the east cliff. The wharf road comes up on the left and a lone roadie who is in full flight over takes us. The long and winding is there and I take my leave to meet the sandhya and to respect the rath-bhojana-vrksa.
This evening Stealamani and I are so tired that we keep getting our tongues in front our eye teeth and thus we can't see what we're saying. That way we make too many funny mistakes even to write down here. In the meantime Guru-Gauranga Gandharvika-Giridhari slip into their Prahlad-a-dad nightdress and enjoy listening to the silly banter as they wait to dance the night away.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home