Tuesday, November 27, 2007























NOVEMBER 16, 2007
Since Gandharvika is a left-wing gopi, she won’t engage in unnecessary talk, she’s the queen of the Vraja mandala block
During the bathing today I was visited by a Chiquita. Wonderful thing she said, tilaka upon her forehead, had Giriraja by her side and asked if I could adopt him for a few days.
Taking it as an opportunity for increased seva, I invited him in, but had to say that Saint Patrick’s Easter had come fashionably late and I would have to do some extra quick reception this day.
Cold took me off into the days of east cliff to the sunny cove where the sufferers were few in number a bon fire or three were starting and the fog horn warned all at sea of the doom that awaits them if they venture too close. Between the lakes all was quiet. The redone road was full of folks on their way to the boardwalk and beyond. Around the theater a couple of ped-ex flyers were carrying packages to their destinations. The gecko nodded in approval as I saluted. The cruiser king was also on the reviewing stand and smiled as I passed below. The peoples park is empty today so I whisk by and turn off at the dog wash. From there I see a college student beginning their return after a shopping exhibition. The harbor is choppy and no boats are out it looks. The windmill serves another customer and the small hotel’s sign says peace on earth. A couple of joggers have come this far and I pass by trying to avoid the magic carpet trailing me. The need for light reminds me that the time for the sandhya has come. So I turn onto the wharf road and sprint back the long and winding road that comes to the asrama door.
The chill is in the air again this evening and the Deities are ready for an early rest deep within the far off jungle.
NOVEMBER 17, 2007
“Is this one ‘Radha’s Own’? “ One of the folks asks me. “Bite your tongue child!!!” I replied, “This is called ‘Cutty Sark’, due to Gandharvika’s short skirt” was my reply. Another folk say, “Each outfit has a different personality and name and everything?!” “You aren’t called November 9, 1977 are you? You have a name, maybe two or three” I reply to that folk who smiles and giggles. “There is a schedule for the whole month, day and night outfits.” “How many times a day do you change their clothes?” “Two and the small Deities three.”
“I’m back on my schedule of picking flowers without permission,” the leis maker told me. “I was thinking I could say that these aren’t flowers they’re blooms. I wonder if that would stand up in a court of law?” “It seems that there is a trend that all the bushes I take flowers from get cut down. There was this one tree that was at least twenty years old and I took some flowers from it and now it’s been cut down. And near the house where they taught choc-o-lot to talk-a-lot there was a rose bush that had the most amazing roses and I picked some to throw at SGM’s car the last time he left and when I went back it and all the apartments there had been leveled!”
The deep blue of Mahaprabhu, the yellow of Giridhari and the burgundy of Gandharvika brought out quite a few interesting conversations?
All along the east cliff the sufferers keep the hope. Even in the low tide they wait for the waves. As I pedal by they look up wondering what I think I’m about. The road leads on and I take the pass for pedlalers that leads away from the narrow portion of the road to keep us separate from the cars. Soon the trail rejoins the road and braver roadies ignore the path and take on the cars no matter how narrow the road is. Next is the sunny cove the bon fires are being set once again but no foghorns yet. Between the lakes people are leaving for the day. The redone road is filling up with those first ones. The theater has folks gathering out front for the night’s show. The gecko still is happy to see the peddlers going by and making the turn at shopper’s corner to see the people’s park. The cavalry church stands empty since it’s a Saturday and going on down to the harbor a few boats are still out with their lights appearing. With the tennis park on my right I go on to the toad road. Another pedaler with a penlight tapped to his handlebar asks, “Where’s your light? What’s the good of your helmet if you don’t have a light?” So I turn it on at the highest setting and point it into his face and think ‘what do you say now?’ He says no further questions your honor. The toad is hopping away too. Then the market comes along and I go to the left and on to the wharf road past the liberry and under the highway bridge to the winding road that leads to the sandhya dodging the cars that put trust in blind curves.
The most blessed event tonight. The vases got made this afternoon and it’s one on Gandharvika’s side that has chilies and cattails in it. Wild but wonderful.
NOVEMBER 18, 2007
New York a-go-go and everything tastes nice. “Did you pick the outfit to go with the vases or is it a day they were going to wear it anyway?” The vase maker asked me today. “It was the day they were going to wear it. Isvara sarva bhutanam…Krsna is situated in the heart of everyone and directing their wanderings.” I answer. The blue and yellow with sunflowers on it along with crowns and effulgi to match. Today is the full shirt day, it was offered for this year’s Gaura Purnima and was meant to have vests for Mahaprabhu and Giridhari . The weather was too cold for the vest. Not to be out foxed the seamstress made some kirtas and that’s what they wear today. Giridhari’s crown has multiple add on pieces to make it appear bigger. It must work since all who come to see are overwhelmed at the beauty.
The sun was out the sky was blue, so beautiful I couldn’t resist a race with the daylight. Off to the post office I few dropping the letters in the box and going on to see the gecko who was kicking back on a Sunday afternoon. Still he wanted to see me get away with the nighttime coming soon. Around the king and the peoples park with a sign saying, “no trespassing” so that’s why it’s been empty. Past the hospital and then to the redone road and the sun starting to set. The tennis court comes on the right and stands there. A couple of other peddlers see me and are happy to realize they aren’t the only ones out at this hour. The prevention society is also on the right it’s quiet now. Then to the bridge over the troubled highway. Around by the florist shop merging with the main road again. Around the south portion of the asrama road and the light was with me so I went straight back for the sandhya. Did I win the race? Well, I made it in time for the service.
Chinese silk with it’s roses woven in smooth as milk and with the chodders draped over their shoulders that’s the touch that kills.
NOVEMBER 19, 2007
Standing on the altar, watching all the people chant and dance. Moon stone on his toes, colorful peacock feathers on his red silk clothes, Guru Gauranga, Gandharvika Giridhari. Marigold and rosebud garlands following the curves of their forms beholding such beauty, with catch our breath and in faltering voice answer “jaya!” to each line in the call of love.
Oh, I’m off to feed the bear by going through the invisible parking lot of the daydream coffee shop and health clinic. He’s hungry enough to eat up all I bring then it’s around the fruit market and the soccer pitch to the wharf road and the vaikalika service. Now it’s down the road past the tree trimmers around the constructors and at the florist go light making a left to the market for ghee wick cotton balls. The lights come out on the way for the sandhya. “Wear something bright and reflective so the drivers can see you going along the road” the author of the ‘dancing cadaver’ tells me on my return. “Yes” I agree.
Learn to play the mrdunga and it’ll show just how I feel they call east Bengal the Radhadesa, call this baby blue. There’s a chill in the air of this starry night and who can drink in all the loveliness this one on the night before ekadasi
NOVEMBER 20, 2007
A sure sign to increase Giridhari’s pleasure, mother of devotion for those who observe, those devoted folks fasting to do more service, the days of the olden Queen. Roy G. Biv is there too, every color of the rainbow. Garlands of roses and other flowers gathered from Gandharvika’s gardens in the seva asrama mandala.
Casually beginning from the asrama to the pet store and on to the wharf road increasing to a steady gallop past the soccer pitch crossing the railroad track to the opal cliff. Then the basketball park looping around to the wharf road and back to the vaikalika offering. The later time is spent where the weathercock picks up Jack in the green and helps him on his way. The gecko is hanging with Ian and his pals too and winks a smile as I cross by. The school turns me around and sends me back through the harbor and between the lakes, the windmill and the hook slings me back past the fruit market and crosses the bridge over the Silliness turnpike so you can have darsana of the taillights. The waxing moon has risen over the long and winding road and the lights are on as I come up the driveway for the sandhya.
Bhakta Blade was riding the faster horse of a different color and raised the ‘jolly roger’ and talked like a pirate as he dressed them in a dress of the same name. I came along and finished up by dressing the small Deities, and finishing up the last touches as Guru-Gauranga-Gandharvika-Giridhari danced away.
NOVEMBER 21, 2007
As I looked over the Giridhari after the curtain opened I said to Bhakta Blade “Hey you forgot something” He looked but at first he didn’t see it. He began running a check list still nothing. “Barhavitam samasitam buddhasundarangam” I tried to point him in the direction. “I don’t know what that is but let me see for sure. “I still don’t see any thing.” “Is there anything about his crown?” I asked. “Oh, I see he hasn’t got a peacock feather” After that he polished their shoes. The Motorcycle Sloka Slinger came by and saw him. “You’re working mighty hard that way.” He said, “I just had to get some raga,” Bhakta Blade explained. Then the Slinger went on down the hall and coming to a privy he took out his air gun and filled it full of holes.
Off in pursuit of parama anna ingredients I took the wharf road round the opal cliff and came up to take the fruit market by surprise. The silver arches reminded me that it was time for the vaikalika service and so I took once more to the wharf road and skedaddled all the way back. Then off to the whaler’s, the post office and the dog wash. The gecko was getting ready for the day after tomorrow and waved as I went by. Swinging around and through the harbor up to the hut for sunglass repair. No real help there but a free manual came out of the chase. Circling the mall looking for a way out of here, the joker told the thief, the end was the main drag to the vacuum sales man and the car parts store. The long and winding road is there and I charge it to the sandhya.
The lotus nails came out tonight and the Deities are dancing to the fullest extent of their satisfaction.
NOVEMBER 22, 2007
Adore we all this happy day, giving thanks for the heart soothing ray
His lotus feet purifying our place, the one and only his divine grace
The seva asrama here by the bay where Mahaprabhu, Giridhari and Gandharvika engage in their divine play
Granting us chance to enroll in their sevice
Just by the call of his divine grace
Forgotten their service unfortunately
In the fog of illusion could barely see
Came to the rescue cleanse the dirt from our face
Our lord and master, his divine grace
Keep us in your heart, our fervent pray
By your causeless mercy, show us the way
To see Guru Gauranga Gandharvika Giridhari in the oldest of all but in a new dress
Save me so fallen, your divine grace
Calalilies make the garlands today by a guest maker. There are roses and babies breath too for the Thanksgiving Day circus.
Quietly through the streets today few cars are prowling in the beginning. The folks are the only ones on the long and winding as I start off. As I make the hospital turn the numbers have gone up and I carefully slide into the pedaling lane. Between the lakes past the sunny cove the east cliff and then to the toad road but he’s on holiday. The lumberyard on the left has become the slumber yard today. Left to the tennis park and then to the redone road. The theater and the sloppy jalopy are both empty the gecko still flies his flag in hopes of victory as I pass. The shoppers aren’t in their corner, they’re at home sleeping to get ready to rise in the brahma muhurta and shop till they can’t stand it anymore. Keeping the house that taught choc-o-lot to talk-a-lot on my right I proceed at speed to the place where people record the talks of the one who’s taken mona vrata. The boats are aligned in their places in the harbor and then the windmill comes along. It’s blades turn but no one’s home. The lights come on and a pair of peddlers pass behind me she complains “I’m tired slow, don’t go so fast!” “I’m just going!” He replies, “Do you want to walk or something?” By then they’re out of earshot and I’ve gotten back in stride and have my eyes fixed on the prize, getting back for the sunset service. Up the long and winding I see a couple of deer who ask me if the compost pile is still open, if the arati lamp still shines, if they make it for the evening program will it pacify their minds? Then they jumped over the moon and I figure they got to where they were going just as I did. “Aren’t you cold?” one of the folks asks. “Why? Exercise keeps the blood flowing and warming the cockles of my heart” I shoot back. “You’re so good”
A lion on the chase this evening Gandharvika and Giridhari along with Mahaprabhu had a big party this evening people talking well into the night and beyond. Continuing to dance all night long, Gandharvika Giridhari enjoy their pastimes all the nightlong.
NOVEMBER 23,2007
You see this outfit was offered about five years ago on Guru Maharaja’s appearance day. Now it was a while since Guru Gauranga Gandharvika Giridhari had been offered a pink dress that wasn’t combined with green. The seamstress and I agreed that it would be for that day. At that time there was a seamstress in training who was sewing for Mahaprabhu in the capital of silly clone valley. She had the date to have the outfit ready but somehow she didn’t know what day it was. Now at that time of year there is Govardhana Puja too. On the panjika she had that was the only day listed beings as how those who made that panjika don’t recognize that day. Any way she got the dress ready for the day and everything was fine until one day when someone told her that it was for Guru Maharaja’s day. She was a little surprised that she didn’t know the day she was making it for. Then a few Sundays later Guru Gauranga Gandharvika Giridhari wore that dress. Unable to resist asking the question, I asked her “Are they wearing the Govardhana Puja outfit today?” And with a toothy smile on her face she said, “Shut up kid” and that’s how this dress got it’s name.
On and around the asrama land hills form on the horizon and they stand there. From the asrama it’s a downhill jaunt to the town below. The next hill comes in to play after the second florist at the harbor high football field. Following up the whaler stands at the crest. The gecko is really busy today with people in his shop but still finds time to wave and say, “ pedal on” with the same three-part harmony of the day of ‘right on’ in the days of my misspent youth. Down that one and up the next which leads to the monkey who jumps over the railroad track and comes down across from the bus station. The next one climbs to the bridge that leads to Bhakta Blade’s bhajan kutir. The land flattens out there and at the marine biology museum there is a turn to return and then the sun begins to merge into the pacific. That sends me back to the asrama for the sandhya service.
Deep within the far off jungle, the nightdress of each Friday night and so this evening Guru Gauranga Gandharvika Giridhari have ventured into the jungle to enjoy their nighttime pastimes.
NOVEMBER 24,2007
“This dress looks like candy to me,” one of the folks said today. “The leis always seem to become part of it” they went on. Their ankles have flowers all around, flowers by the pound. Such a lovely dress, certainly one of the best offered up for Radhastami ten years ago all were so surprised; it shined right in their eyes.
Get your gear together and hold on fast, your mind must learn to roam, and just as the peddlers love to do, you’ve got to hit the road. Let’s go off to the capital of the silly clone valley today. The trails are empty mostly ‘cause of giving thanks. The log truck sign is back up again to herald the last part of the climb. Going left on the cresting road the last three little hills. The third one won’t even make me shift gears. Now laughing and descending to the Holy City then a short return to the climb and onto the path next to the main highway. Off onto the off road portion the mud has dried with deep ruts that make it hard to stay on line and ‘keep the rubber side down’. In the capital itself Mahaprabhu is celebrating his arrival some seven years ago. While the gang takes prasadam SGM comes out onto the porch and takes pictures of them. Then it’s back over the mountain and through the woods to invite the Deities for their afternoon nap. Then it’s along the road to the east cliff where the sufferers have blown their wetsuits out. Around the gecko I salute as he is overwhelmed by the folks come to purchase his wares. Around the corner and under the trees of people’s park the dog wash gets me squeaky clean enough to do a slide and a glide around and to the left with the harbor on my right. Next it’s along the road to meet the florist and take the right to the bridge over the troubled highway beyond the hospital and taking the left for the long and winding…
At the end of such a day the most blessed event becomes the crowing touch as they dance dance dance the night away.
NOVEMBER 25,2007
“I’ve found another way you’re the petaling pujari. You toss the flower petals at each Deity’s feet and they land right where they should without effort.” One half of the leprechauns told me yesterday.
Today Gandharvika she wears blue velvet. When the seamstress told me about this outfit and describing that Mahaprabhua and Giridhari would have coats made out of velvet and that Mahaprabhu’s was going to be green along with Giridhari’s red I was thinking to myself ‘don’t say Gandharvika is going to have blue, please don’t say that’ but of course that was what came and when it did I also asked her, at least in my mind not out loud, ‘just how do expect that not come out in the name? And that’s how it became “When will my eyes be decorated with tears while I chant your holy name?” nayanam galid asru dharaya
I’m too tired but the road screams “COME OUT COME OUT COME OUT AND PEDAL!” So I answer the call down the winding road to the right and past Mohamed, who drives to the mountain for the right price. The bank that’s there for the robbing is next and then the heliport is on the left. Sammy Terry, an old late night friend, shows up on the right then the bridge over the troubled highway. Midas too, he’s over there repairing cars. At harbor high football field the go light is waiting for me to go around. All the way to denbus and between the lakes to the east cliff and beyond to the fruit market left there along the sugmeister general’s headquarters. The basketball park is next and sloping to the day care. The senior citizens lean back to lament about all the energy I’ve spent. “How useless “I hear them say. At the theater a peddler asks how I am and the gecko answers “He’s fine and improving.” Just as the cruiser king must I have to hit the trail in order to make it for the sunset service. The redone road leads winding and me on to the sunny cove and the opal cliff and the wharf and the long where the deer escort me to the asrama.
In the ninth Srila Guru Maharaja comes to the plate, the designated hitter to knock us all back to the land of wholesale dedication.
NOVEMBER 26, 2007
“Money it’s a hit and the outfit won’t be made as you want unless you give me enough of it” sang the tailor in Vrndavana . The seamstress and one of her acompleses had given a pattern and a request for this outfit to him. But when they went to pick up the finished dress they saw it wasn’t what they wanted. When they asked if it could be done the way they asked that’s what they heard. Offered on Janmastami that year no one who didn’t know couldn’t see anything wrong and thought it was a fantastic effort to the relief of the seamstress.
This morning SGM quoted a verse about separation “A devotee in separation of Krsna helplessly draws the grace of the lord of his life.” There were mixed feelings of happiness and distress among the folks and SGM knowing that today he would leave the asrama to visit other lands. These were his parting thoughts expressed to the folks. One last time he came and took the darsana of Guru Gauranga Gandharvika Giridhari wearing this dress, even though the wanted him to stay forever, ‘you can’t have it your way’ was what they wore today.
It was a very chilly afternoon when I pedaled down the long and winding today. The shadow on the road told me the sun was going down, still I needed to pedal myself to town. Around the first turn a driver made a right in front of me pining me to the curb and nearly knocking off. By the grace of the lord above I was able to keep the rubber side down and continue on. Few peddlers were out in the early evening since the joyti emporium was required and they didn't want any part of it. Still the few pedaled along completing their day’s activities.
With the parama anna ingredients and other things on the side I went by the gecko to get his approval for my own completion. He was happy and thought perhaps I’d taken the advice of one of the folks “you have to sacrifice your pedaling today” but I could only postpone it and take it up in the cool of the evening. There’s new construction almost each day and today a section had been finished enough to allow the traffic to cross it. I took advantage of the confusion and sprinted back to the asrama for the sandhya.
It’s a world of names or so it is said they call East Bengal the Radhadesa, call this one baby blue. Under the waning moon with a little chill in the air Guru Gauranga Gandharvika Giridhari enjoy their pastimes dancing and dancing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home