Saturday, September 20, 2008



If the full moon over Nadia looks as white as a rabbit and it makes you feel like dancing but no one else understands why
Explain that an incarnation of a thousand headed serpent has called the Lord down from the spiritual sky
Patita pavana Gaurahari ki jaya
The florists call these “garden flowers’ the leis maker told me today. “I couldn’t pick enough so I have to stretch them with grapes, cherries and basil leaves
From the asrama to offer respect to the rahta-bhojana-vrksa left onto the main road. At the coffee shop I take a left and begin the trek to the land where the spirits fly. Up ahead I meet the gecko. His jersey has his name emblazed across the back. I huff and puff my way through the next little while. It seems to go by so fast it doesn’t take anything out of me. At the famous log truck sign we get our strength back and begin sprinting. At the old highway we pick up speed steadily passing through sri pada puri then around to an opening in a chain link fence where the hills go down so steep that we get off and walk. As the trail levels we re-mount and go on down the boulevard to the shark tank. Taking a right when we can we dodge the lights and beasts to the home of Mahaprabhu.
Meanwhile back at the seva asrama bhakta blade and I help Guru-Gauranga Gandharvkika-Giridhari into their night dress. It’s a chilly night so they are staying in or so it seems. Then to their soft bed of fragrent flowers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home