Friday, September 19, 2008





As I went to the Seva Asrama to present myself before the Lord
I was standing next to Candan the Magnificent and he was in rare form
“Look at that dress! It reminds me of a bowl of ice cream, my favorite flavor lime green sherbet!”
And I was thinking I didn’t know what to say
But by listening to the gentle vaisnavas something is always revealed.
Leis of roses and various wild flowers make the scene complete
We’re off to the southland the gecko and I then to the village. Along the road of the honky-tonks and bars to the harbor where ol toffee nose is writing with his green pen and crying out his entire vocabulary, ‘fragment’. He knows no other word.
Coming into town the electricity is out, there’s been a slaughter here. So the gecko takes his leave to tend to his shop and I sit under the stars till it’s restored. Circling the trader’s I make it back to the dog wash and on to the house that taught choc-o-lot to talk-a-lot. From there it’s the redone road. Between the lakes beasts are all over and trumpeting as they give us pedalers fits. Back to the wharf road and the long and winding. A committee of deer meets the kalarupa and I on our return.
The nights are getting chilly but just warm enough for Guru-Gauranga Gandharvika-Giridhari to chase down their pastimes under the stars.

Y’all know ‘bout my midnight birthday
My brother was on the look out for ghosts who take the form of cats
Y’all know ‘bout the town of Vrndavan
But when Gurudeva declared it for shallow thinkers
I fell as if from the top of a tree.
Y’all know ‘bout Mahaprabhu and his loving search for the lost members of his family
Y’all see the rose petals, marigolds making their leis
They follow which ever way they dance, swish or sway
Respect to the ratha-bhojana-vrksa and meeting the gecko at the southland where the artist waves a smile. Then through the village to the opal cliff where the sufferers are changing. The point of the hook has a phalanx of cruisers crossing against the light. At the harbor the beasts area lined up like elephants each holding the tail before them in their trunks. The gecko and I take the quick right to the natasala. From there through Saint Dagwood’s park to the avenue of the street performer. The devotees are there performing too among the war protesters and the fiddlers. One of the devotees asks who’s down for the sandhya? I am I reply wow it’s going to be late he says. But to the surprise of the sandhya after the kalarupa chaufuerers me back we rock the cynic by being in time.
The night is warmer than last so Guru-Garuanga Gandharvika Giridhari go off deep within the far off jungle for dancing ‘till time for the mangala arati.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home