Monday, September 10, 2007



Let me sing about the bumble bees on the Deities dress when the dark moon's over head. Yellow and black was how it begun and soon the bumble bees were added to Gandharvika's veil just for fun. The flowers from the Tulasi tree combine in a fat garland around Giridhari's flute and Mahaprabhu's dhoti floats up in the front while his ankle bells jingle as he dances in the harinama.
It might be possible to keep me from pedaling on the street but the good ol' nowhere bike comes to the rescue to take me through the deep green ripples in the recesses of my mind laughing as i'm passing through the fields i used to roam in the days of my misspent youth. The corn grew knee high by the fourth of July and in August it had become high as an elephant's eye. Before the sunrise i'd cross through them with the daily news in my bag to be tossed onto the porches of the still sleeping people. Mukunda, Madhava, Yadhava and Hari were waiting for me to join the parikrama....
It's a world of names, names for everything why not the Deities clothes too? They call East Bengal the Radhadesa, i call this night dress Baby blue

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home